March 24, 2020
The outbreak and spread of the COVID-19 illness continues to bring many adjustments to our daily lives. The speed with which these changes are occurring is startling, and adjusting and responding quickly can be a real challenge. We want you to stay informed and encouraged. As people everywhere are stepping back, CCH will continue stepping up to share the love of Christ with a desperate and fearful world.
Although we are not able to meet in person to worship and fellowship, our Small Groups/Life Groups/Teams are trying to use innovative means to stay in touch. Our leadership is developing plans for engagement and interactivity that will sustain the relationships we so dearly value.
This Sunday at 8:30 and 11 am, you can again participate in worship with the Community family during our online service at cchville.com/live. In accordance with CDC guidelines, our worship and production teams have been reduced to the minimum required to deliver the service. We will continue to worship God together in spirit and bring hope and encouragement to each other.
We are asking you to share photos and videos of you and your family worshipping at home on your social media accounts. Tag @cchville and use the hashtags #prayat8 , #hoperising, and #loveisnotcanceled
CCHKIDS and CCHYTH are actively providing resources and creative points of connection. Click the buttons below:
FRIENDS ministry has also launched initiatives for daily ways to serve together even while social distancing. Check out our new Love is not Canceled page on Facebook by going to cchville.com/loveisnotcanceled. It’s such an important time to make His love famous.
Each morning at 8 we are continuing to PRAY at 8. People from other churches are even joining us now. Please follow the posts on Realm or Facebook so we can be united each day in praying for all of those impacted by COVID19.
If you haven’t signed up for REALM you can do so clicking here. This is our fastest and most efficient way to keep you up-to-date on events and opportunities.
This week, CCH continued its on-going support to our mission in this community and abroad. We have collected food, medical supplies and necessities and distributed resources to families in our immediate area. This is a critical time as a number of our Community family have lost jobs or are experiencing salary cuts during this economic crisis. In addition, with on-line giving accounting for only about 50% of our regular offerings, we have already experienced a lessened response In our financial commitments. However, YOU have the opportunity to ensure our mission continues without interruption by continuing to support Community with your faithful giving. We request that you participate in our online giving opportunity. It’s simple, secure and fast and you can do so by clicking here.
We encourage you to lean into this time of uncertainty with the knowledge that as believers, we have absolute certainty. While the conduct and conventions of humankind are being disrupted completely, the natural order and rhythms God created continue uninterrupted. The birds still sing in the morning. The flowers are still beginning to bloom. The leaves of the trees are still sprouting green. Consider His creation and know He is with us and for us. Always.
The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they reveal knowledge.
CORONAVIRUS UPDATES: 3/22/20
CORONAVIRUS UPDATES: 3/17/20
As Doug shared in the video, starting this Sunday, we will be meeting ONLINE for our weekend worship services. Since last weekend guidelines have changed, and we want to do our part to reduce the impact of the current COVID19 outbreak. We will truly miss meeting together, but we value the health and safety of everyone. We will continue to monitor the situation week by week and will keep you informed about when our in-person services will resume. In addition, our Wednesday classes and on site gatherings will be suspended at least through March.
CONNECT WITH US ONLINE
While we move most of our engagement online, our goal is that our church family remains active and engaged with one another! Remember that church is not a building, but a body of believers, a family in Christ. So join us on Sundays at cchville.org when we will offer services live at 8:30 and 11:00 AM. In addition, follow us on Facebook and Instagram. We will be posting daily; communicating with you and through you.
HOW CAN WE LIVE OUT OUR CCH VISION AT SUCH A TIME AS THIS? Will we rise up more than ever before to be relevant, connected people, changed by the love of Jesus and impacting our neighbors near and far? Check out these 8:
- PRAY! Pray for healing – physically and spiritually. Pray that people will be drawn to Jesus during this unusual season. AND we are asking every member – of every age – to PRAY AT 8 EACH DAY. Our staff will post a specific prayer on Facebook and on Realm, and we believe that this can be a powerful outreach of Hope to our community (and beyond), so please share the posts on social media or one-on-one!
- ENGAGE ONLINE with our church family and beyond. Watch, worship and tithe online. Post positive words of hope. Check out the Thread page and watch for a daily reading devotional to begin next week!
- SUPPORT our KINGDOM MINISTRY by continuing or beginning your on-line giving at https://cchville.com/onlinegiving/
- EXTEND COMPASSION to at least one other person this week who is experiencing isolation or fear so that they may experience God’s dynamic compassion. Actively and creatively reach out. This may be a time that we actually make phone calls to each other! Watch for some specific opportunities in the next few days.
- FOCUS on FAMILY. We know this is not true for everyone, but some are able to slow down, stay home, and BE together. Don’t miss the blessing (mixed with a little frustration, sure) in these rare moments of your family’s story. Make memories; seek God and serve others together.
- CONNECT with your Small Groups, Bible Study Group, Ministry teams, etc. If you decide against in-person small gatherings, choose an intentional method of communication (Realm, texts, etc.) and ‘build each other up.’ Team leaders, what a great time to dream dreams and host team dialogues for what God wants to do through you. We need encouragement and ideas from each other so that we can take our place as lights in the discouraged world.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, use this time when there is less human engagement to engage with God, to FIX YOUR EYES ON JESUS. We are praying that our church family with draw near to God like never before AND be drawn into the THREAD of His love for His people even in the darkest times. Don’t miss the CCH daily readings right now (see below for this week’s list). We don’t believe it’s an accident that we are now reading the incredible story of Joseph who was God’s leader during a multi-country deadly famine with great faith.
- FINALLY, receive God’s blessing that was our theme in 2019. “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may OVERFLOW WITH HOPE by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13.
We are confident that God is with us. We know that He is not at all surprised by what is happening. We believe He has a plan and that He is going to use His church in powerful ways. We trust In the Spirit’s power at work. We celebrate that even now our identity is In Christ. We pray and care for each other. We share the abundant generous hope with those who are searching and afraid during this uncertain time. We are CCH.
THREAD in MARCH:
17th — Genesis 38
18th — Genesis 39
19th– Genesis 40
20th — Genesis 41
21st — Genesis 42
22nd — Genesis 43