July 30, 2020
CCH News and Family Update
July 28, 2020
Dear Church Family,
We can’t wait to meet together in person on August 9! There are 3 options so that you can choose what is best for you and your family!
1) 8:30 — ‘mask only’ service in the sanctuary
2) 11:00 – service in the sanctuary with masks encouraged but optional. The Fellowship Hall will also be available with a more relaxed family-friendly option.
3) Streaming at 8:30 & 11:00 – our services will also be streamed for those who want to continue to worship from home
We are family, and whatever option you choose, we will continue to worship and serve God TOGETHER!
July 24, 2020
CCH News and Family Update
July 1, 2020
CCH News and Family Update
Dear Church Family,
This is a difficult message to share. Last night after hours of prayer and dialogue with our senior staff, other pastors and medical experts, the Reopening team made the tough decision to delay our reopening. There were several reasons, primarily the Governor’s unexpected message on Monday extending the State of Emergency and urging churches to stay online if possible. Additionally the rise in cases in our area has been significant, and COVID19 has hit closer to home with more CCH members being affected. We believe God called us to our vision and the initial wordrelevant. How can we claim to be relevant leaders if we are not paying attention like we promised and being protective of the safety of our members?
Endless preparation had been made for this Sunday, July 5, when we were so excited to reconnect in person. After all, that word connected is at the heart of our DNA. I’m honest when I say I did not see this coming, but my prayer, beginning with me, is that we recognize that God has more to teach us about trusting Him. After all He knew what would happen on July 1, and He will show us His plan for new and even better ways to live out our vision. Will we remember this time as a desert or will we let Him draw us to green pastures of transformation? Will we feel disconnected or will we be creative in reaching out to each other in love? Will we isolate or will we find fresh ways and join safe plans to impact our neighbors even now? Church, I am asking for your prayers and your involvement in news plans for this new day. No pandemic will stop the work of God!
June 3, 2020
CCH News and Family Update
May 15, 2020
May 8, 2020
April 23, 2020
CCH News and Family Update
“When will our church reopen?” “When will we be able to all meet together again?” These and other questions are being asked with increasing frequency. With the announcement earlier this week by Governor Lee that the Safer at Home order will expire on April 30th, our questions and concerns are even more amplified.
In the days ahead, we face many important decisions on how to safely restart in-person gatherings at CCH. They will be prayerful decisions that are data and evidence based, consulting in large part with the consensus of medical professionals and the healthcare community. We will make decisions based on science and data rather than dates. As stated by Nashville expert, Dr. Hildreth, “Viruses do not simply disappear nor do they respect dates. So, data, and the science will be guiding our decisions.
I think we all realize that we are in the middle of a marathon, not a sprint. We are determined to make the safest decisions for the Community family and for those who access our physical campus. The physical health of all CCH family will be the primary focus for restarting.
As we move forward, we will continue to provide high-quality streaming of our Sunday services. In addition, our social media presence will continue, along with an increase in virtual meetings and small group opportunities. We are also discussing plans, and when the time comes will release details about phasing in and reopening for larger group gatherings.
Thank you for your amazing support as we move through this storm. Continue to creatively reach out and connect even while social distancing. Love like it hasn’t been canceled. Pray for our Mission Partners. Use the time you never had before to make a difference in someone’s life, to focus on family, and to draw closer to our good Father. Trust God. He was in this place long before we arrived, and He will bring us through it and beyond to His glory.
the Easter message like never before! -CCH Staff
April 2, 2020
Connected in Crisis
Our Response to Covid-19
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9).
Church Family, our God is bigger than COVID -19! He not only has us in His hands, but he still provides paths of connection and service. He knows we need each other, and the world needs His light in us . . . More than ever! So here are some important “STEPS YOU CAN TAKE” that will keep us Together.
- CONNECT: in every way imaginable. Call, text, message, Zoom! Check in on elderly neighbors. Reach out to others in isolation. Use the Realm App to stay in touch with your church family
- ENGAGE IN PRAYER: Pray bold prayers with your family. Connect with someone else and pray by phone or text. PRAY AT 8 every morning on Facebook and Realm. #prayat8
- GOD’S WORD: Be an active part of our THREAD Reading Plan. Read the Bible as a family. Use Zoom or other platforms to keep your small groups and Life Groups strong and connected. Join the THREAD discussion on Facebook.
- LOVE IN ACTION: Join our LOVE IS NOT CANCELED FB group. Watch for a simple idea every day of how we can share God’s love while social distancing.
- WATCH: Go on live to cchville.com and check out resources and the latest information for CCHKIDS or CCHYTH. Live stream our services at 8:30 & 11am each Sunday on cchville.com/live.
- SUPPORT: Because of your generosity, lives are being changed and ministry continues. Go to Community’s website or click here to start giving now.
- TRUST GOD: None of this caught God by surprise. Our world needs Jesus and as a result of the fall, our imperfect bodies are susceptible to viral disease such as COVID-19. That’s why it’s important to keep our heavenly perspective and remember His promises.
- BE A LIGHT: As Christ followers, we are called to “let [our] lights shine before others, so that they may see [our] good works and give glory to [our] Father who is in heaven” (Matthew 5:16). In times of trouble, the world looks at believers to see how we respond. Through faith, and intentionality God can use us to minister to others who might be more open to hearing about Jesus!
- STAY. INFORMED: As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, we want you to know that your health and safety are our highest priorities. Therefore, all on-campus physical services and daily ministries have been suspended until further notice and transitioned online.
- EASTER IS COMING! We may be living in ‘Good Friday Days’ but Easter is coming! Live in Hope! The God who was, and is, and is to come is on His Throne! He knows your name. In Christ you are His child.
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths” (Proverbs 3:5-6).
March 24, 2020
The outbreak and spread of the COVID-19 illness continues to bring many adjustments to our daily lives. The speed with which these changes are occurring is startling, and adjusting and responding quickly can be a real challenge. We want you to stay informed and encouraged. As people everywhere are stepping back, CCH will continue stepping up to share the love of Christ with a desperate and fearful world.
Although we are not able to meet in person to worship and fellowship, our Small Groups/Life Groups/Teams are trying to use innovative means to stay in touch. Our leadership is developing plans for engagement and interactivity that will sustain the relationships we so dearly value.
This Sunday at 8:30 and 11 am, you can again participate in worship with the Community family during our online service at cchville.com/live. In accordance with CDC guidelines, our worship and production teams have been reduced to the minimum required to deliver the service. We will continue to worship God together in spirit and bring hope and encouragement to each other.
We are asking you to share photos and videos of you and your family worshipping at home on your social media accounts. Tag @cchville and use the hashtags #prayat8 , #hoperising, and #loveisnotcanceled
CCHKIDS and CCHYTH are actively providing resources and creative points of connection. Click the buttons below:
FRIENDS ministry has also launched initiatives for daily ways to serve together even while social distancing. Check out our new Love is not Canceled page on Facebook by going to cchville.com/loveisnotcanceled. It’s such an important time to make His love famous.
Each morning at 8 we are continuing to PRAY at 8. People from other churches are even joining us now. Please follow the posts on Realm or Facebook so we can be united each day in praying for all of those impacted by COVID19.
If you haven’t signed up for REALM you can do so clicking here. This is our fastest and most efficient way to keep you up-to-date on events and opportunities.
This week, CCH continued its on-going support to our mission in this community and abroad. We have collected food, medical supplies and necessities and distributed resources to families in our immediate area. This is a critical time as a number of our Community family have lost jobs or are experiencing salary cuts during this economic crisis. In addition, with on-line giving accounting for only about 50% of our regular offerings, we have already experienced a lessened response In our financial commitments. However, YOU have the opportunity to ensure our mission continues without interruption by continuing to support Community with your faithful giving. We request that you participate in our online giving opportunity. It’s simple, secure and fast and you can do so by clicking here.
We encourage you to lean into this time of uncertainty with the knowledge that as believers, we have absolute certainty. While the conduct and conventions of humankind are being disrupted completely, the natural order and rhythms God created continue uninterrupted. The birds still sing in the morning. The flowers are still beginning to bloom. The leaves of the trees are still sprouting green. Consider His creation and know He is with us and for us. Always.
The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they reveal knowledge.
CORONAVIRUS UPDATES: 3/22/20
CORONAVIRUS UPDATES: 3/17/20
As Doug shared in the video, starting this Sunday, we will be meeting ONLINE for our weekend worship services. Since last weekend guidelines have changed, and we want to do our part to reduce the impact of the current COVID19 outbreak. We will truly miss meeting together, but we value the health and safety of everyone. We will continue to monitor the situation week by week and will keep you informed about when our in-person services will resume. In addition, our Wednesday classes and on site gatherings will be suspended at least through March.
CONNECT WITH US ONLINE
While we move most of our engagement online, our goal is that our church family remains active and engaged with one another! Remember that church is not a building, but a body of believers, a family in Christ. So join us on Sundays at cchville.org when we will offer services live at 8:30 and 11:00 AM. In addition, follow us on Facebook and Instagram. We will be posting daily; communicating with you and through you.
HOW CAN WE LIVE OUT OUR CCH VISION AT SUCH A TIME AS THIS? Will we rise up more than ever before to be relevant, connected people, changed by the love of Jesus and impacting our neighbors near and far? Check out these 8:
- PRAY! Pray for healing – physically and spiritually. Pray that people will be drawn to Jesus during this unusual season. AND we are asking every member – of every age – to PRAY AT 8 EACH DAY. Our staff will post a specific prayer on Facebook and on Realm, and we believe that this can be a powerful outreach of Hope to our community (and beyond), so please share the posts on social media or one-on-one!
- ENGAGE ONLINE with our church family and beyond. Watch, worship and tithe online. Post positive words of hope. Check out the Thread page and watch for a daily reading devotional to begin next week!
- SUPPORT our KINGDOM MINISTRY by continuing or beginning your on-line giving at https://cchville.com/onlinegiving/
- EXTEND COMPASSION to at least one other person this week who is experiencing isolation or fear so that they may experience God’s dynamic compassion. Actively and creatively reach out. This may be a time that we actually make phone calls to each other! Watch for some specific opportunities in the next few days.
- FOCUS on FAMILY. We know this is not true for everyone, but some are able to slow down, stay home, and BE together. Don’t miss the blessing (mixed with a little frustration, sure) in these rare moments of your family’s story. Make memories; seek God and serve others together.
- CONNECT with your Small Groups, Bible Study Group, Ministry teams, etc. If you decide against in-person small gatherings, choose an intentional method of communication (Realm, texts, etc.) and ‘build each other up.’ Team leaders, what a great time to dream dreams and host team dialogues for what God wants to do through you. We need encouragement and ideas from each other so that we can take our place as lights in the discouraged world.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, use this time when there is less human engagement to engage with God, to FIX YOUR EYES ON JESUS. We are praying that our church family with draw near to God like never before AND be drawn into the THREAD of His love for His people even in the darkest times. Don’t miss the CCH daily readings right now (see below for this week’s list). We don’t believe it’s an accident that we are now reading the incredible story of Joseph who was God’s leader during a multi-country deadly famine with great faith.
- FINALLY, receive God’s blessing that was our theme in 2019. “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may OVERFLOW WITH HOPE by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13.
We are confident that God is with us. We know that He is not at all surprised by what is happening. We believe He has a plan and that He is going to use His church in powerful ways. We trust In the Spirit’s power at work. We celebrate that even now our identity is In Christ. We pray and care for each other. We share the abundant generous hope with those who are searching and afraid during this uncertain time. We are CCH.
THREAD in MARCH:
17th — Genesis 38
18th — Genesis 39
19th– Genesis 40
20th — Genesis 41
21st — Genesis 42
22nd — Genesis 43